Monday, January 12, 2009

The New Year

2009 brought us a Wii. For those of you who have been living under a rock the past 12 months, Nintendo released it's newest addiction, the Wii, in the fall of 2007 and it has quickly taken over homes across America. Kids and teens LOVE it and now the genius' at Nintendo have released an exercise motivator for women. That's right. Wii Fit is an exercise "game" with a trainer who tells you that you are overweight (yes, it seriously told me that. AND it gave me a pot- belly!) and chastises you for taking a day off. Do I need this??? Apparently I do, because it's the first time in years I have hula-hooped or done any sort of physical activity other than childbirth. Maybe it stems from my need to feel a part of this Wii culture. I mean, yes it's fun, but I have many other things I should be doing instead. Like making dinner. I should be doing that now, but instead here I sit typing to you the reader (of which I have none since no one yet knows of this blogs existence.) Back to my point. Nintendo has made me feel less guilty for "playing" Wii simply because I feel like I am doing something good for my health. And for that, I thank them.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the comment about the pudgy mom mii. After I weighed in I pointed to my mii and asked, "Look at mommy's mii. Does anyone notice anything different?" Yes, she had a pot-belly too! Was that hilarious or what? Don't try the "short run." You'll probably embarrass yourself, as I did

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 71 years old and just got my Wii last month and yes, I have a fitness pad and yes, it tells me I am overweight and scolds me for skipping a day! I love it, though..

    I grew up in the northern point of NJ. We always prayed for snow for Christmas (why??) and usually got it.. and the ground stayed white until spring.. new snow on top of old. As kids we just loved the snow.. as a mom, I am soooo glad we moved to Miami, FL!!

    ReplyDelete