Dear "Weather Person,Right now much of the country is suffering from an arctic clipper and here in NJ it is 7 degrees. Our average temperature for this time of year is 38 degrees. Yep, that's right. We are 31 degrees BELOW normal. And let's not forget the wind chill. With this lovely 15 mph wind today, our temps will be BELOW zero. Now I realize in some parts of the world these temps are considered normal, but I do not live in those parts of the world. I live in NJ (I know, I know. How could I move to NJ?)!
Honestly, the cold temperature is the least of my worries. I mean, yes, it keeps me indoors all day but that allows me more time to waste time on the computer cook, clean and play with the boys. Anyway, as I was saying...
My issue is this: the amount of winter precipitation we are experiencing. Gone are the days of praying for snow, listening to the school closings and wishing for a day off school. Here in NJ we have had some sort of precipitation, either falling from the sky or lying on the ground everyday for 4 weeks. 4 WEEKS! It's not fun to have snow ALL THE TIME! School's are forced to re-open and life returns to normal, but there is still snow on the ground that won't go away. For example, last weekend we got 4" of snow. The big boys played outside making a big snow pile "fort," while DH shoveled.
(This is DS2, the same day of playing, but on coat #2)
I stayed indoors with DS3, making hot cocoa for the two I knew would come in asking for it. It was a great day, but just as the snow was beginning to fade, we woke up yesterday morning to find more snow falling. This is what we saw as we opened the garage door:
As we were heading out to school, DS1 looked around and asked, "Are you sure I don't have a 2 hour delay today?" No kid, you don't. And now dear weather person, I see on the news this morning that we are getting more snow on Sunday and Monday. SERIOUSLY? What ever happened to global warming???


No comments:
Post a Comment